Video showing usage and features (3 mins)
Note: You may upload arbitrary data to CIPRES Share and share it with others. However, this data is not transferred or available from the CIPRES.
Data is organized in a familiar tree hierarchy of consisting of folders and files.
A. Sign in
Sign-in to this site with your CIPRES username and password.
Two types of Lists are available for users
- Personal files lists data owned by you or shared with you.
Visit the Data page, you must be logged in, else this will show Public files.
- Public files lists data that is accessible to anyone who can visit the site.
Visit the Data page, then from Ancestor menu , select "Lists", then choose "Public files".
C. Manage data
All commands found under the File menu are also available via mouse's Right click context menu.
- Create folders
From File menu , choose "New folder".
- Upload files
- From File menu , choose "Upload" command.
- Browse and select one or more files to upload.
- Upload may also be performed via drag & drop into the empty table region.
- Maximum upload size for a single file is 2GB. You may request to increase this.
- Select one or more files or folders
- Select a single file/folder by clicking on corresponding row in the empty region.
- Select multiple items by first pressing shift/ctrl/command/windows key, then clicking on corresponding row of multiple files or folders.
- Edit description or meta data to any file or folder
- Select a file/folder then from File menu , choose "Edit Description" command.
- Enter text or equations in LaTex or MathML format as desired.
- Save the "Edit Description" form.
Select one or more multiple files or folders, then from File menu , choose "Download" command.
Select files/folders, then from File menu , choose corresponding command.
Enter a file extension (e.g. png) or a keyword (e.g. equations) in the search region. Search will match keywords from description and file contents, in addition to file/folder names.
D. Navigate data and lists
- Ancestor menu provides an interface to traverse the path hierarchy and lists (Personal files, Public files and All files).
- Breadcrumbs below main menu also allow traversing the path hierarchy.